During the COVID-19 school closings, TABLE is feeding children in Orange County by delivering bags of food directly to their doorsteps. Currently, we are feeding more than 700 kids each week. Our weekly bags are filled with 10 nutritious meals and snacks, juice and/or milk, and fresh produce such as apples, potatoes, squash, carrots, zucchini, and tomatoes.
If your children are in need of food assistance, you can sign up to receive food from TABLE by completing this online form or you can download this form and submit it by mail to 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510 . You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your permission form, we will review your address to determine if we are able to deliver to your home and we will contact you with next steps.
Additional information about other food resources in our community can be found on this page of our website.
To protect our staff, volunteers, and the kids we serve, TABLE has developed a list of precautions in coordination with the Orange County Health Department. Please review our latest health & safety precautions and eligibility requirements for all volunteers here.
Please note volunteers must follow these requirements:
- 16 years or older; volunteers ages 16-17 may not volunteer on delivery shifts.
- Should not be considered high risk or immune-compromised.
- Volunteers and those they live with should be healthy and not displaying any symptoms of sickness. In particular, volunteers should be cough and fever free.
- Volunteers and those they live with should not have traveled out of the country in the last 14 days, nor should they have traveled to other states via public transportation (plane, train, bus, etc.) within the last 14 days.
- Complete of a Weekly Health Check-In form confirming all of the above.
We are taking food donations and there are several easy and safe ways you can help!
- Order through our Amazon Wishlist and have it mailed to TABLE at 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Review our Most Needed Items List and purchase from other online sellers like Target, Costco, Walmart or others and have it mailed directly to our address at 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Review our Most Needed Items List and drop off food in the bins in front of or behind our building. Even just picking up a couple of extra items at the grocery store is beneficial to us.
We are actively purchasing food to ensure our kids have enough to sustain them through this school year. Your financial support allows us to meet the needs of our kids and their families. Every gift of $80 provides 40 meals and snacks to our kids. You can contribute the following ways:
- Donate one-time online here.
- Become a TABLE Setter by donating monthly here.
- Write a check and mail it to 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510
- Venmo @TABLE-Inc
Donations of paper towels, sanitizing wipes, and hand sanitizer are also welcome. We need these items to keep our staff, volunteers, and kids healthy!