During the COVID-19 school closings, TABLE fed children in Orange County by delivering bags of food directly to their doorsteps. We will continue to feed kids throughout the summer months beginning the week of June 15th. Currently, we are feeding more than 675 kids – about 560 weekly and about 115 more biweekly. Our weekly bags are filled with 10 nutritious meals and snacks, juice and/or milk, and fresh produce such as apples, potatoes, squash, carrots, zucchini, and tomatoes. The kids receiving bags biweekly have twice the amount of food and typically live in locations further away.
If your children are in need of food assistance, you can sign up to receive food from TABLE by completing this online form or you can download this form and submit it by mail to 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510 . You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your permission form, we will review your address to determine if we are able to deliver to your home and we will contact you with next steps.
Additional information about other food resources in our community can be found on this page of our website.
To protect our staff, volunteers, and the kids we serve, TABLE has developed a list of precautions in coordination with the Orange County Health Department. Please review our latest health & safety precautions and eligibility requirements for all volunteers here.
Please note volunteers must follow these requirements:
- 16 years or older; volunteers ages 16-17 may not volunteer on delivery shifts.
- Should not be considered high risk or immune-compromised.
- Volunteers and those they live with should be healthy and not displaying any symptoms of sickness. In particular, volunteers should be cough and fever free.
- Volunteers and those they live with should not have traveled out of the country in the last 14 days, nor should they have traveled to other states via public transportation (plane, train, bus, etc.) within the last 14 days.
- Complete of a Weekly Health Check-In form confirming all of the above.
Due to COVID-19, we have limited access to the quantities of food we need to support our kids weekly. We are actively working to continue identifying suppliers to purchase sufficient non-perishable and fresh food in order to sustain our current children and additional children in need. We especially need the following items: rice, macaroni & cheese (Annie’s is preferred), low-sugar juice boxes, shelf stable milk, low-sodium canned soup, canned chicken or tuna. Any amount of food you can donate is a huge help to us!
- Order through our Amazon Wishlist and have it mailed to TABLE at 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510. Items are quickly moving in and out of stock and some prices are extremely high, so look closely!
- Review our Most Needed Items List and purchase from other online sellers like Target, Costco, or others and have it mailed directly to our address at 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Review our Most Needed Items List and drop off food in the bin or dropbox behind our building. Even just picking up a couple of extra items at the grocery store is beneficial to us.
We are actively purchasing food to ensure our kids have enough over the summer. Your financial support will allow us to meet the needs of our kids and their families. Every gift of $60 provides 30 meals and snacks to our kids. You can contribute the following ways:
- Write a check and mail it to 209 E. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510
- Venmo @TABLE-Inc
Donations of paper towels, sanitizing wipes, and hand sanitizer are also welcome. We need this items to keep our staff, volunteers, and kids healthy!
Nutrition Education This Summer
While we can’t host our traditional Camp TABLE this summer, we are offering some fun ways for children and parents to interact with TABLE safely while learning some valuable lessons about nutrition and fresh food.
Our first program will be our series of Family Fun Days at Wildflower Lane Farm. Learn more here about the program and how to sign up!