Why? Nearly 6,000 students attending Chapel Hill-Carrboro and Orange County schools receive free or reduced meals. These kids are at risk for hunger on weekends and school holidays when they do not have access to meals while at school. TABLE seeks to meet the nutritional needs of these children when the school system cannot.
What We Do
- Pack and deliver bags of fresh produce and healthy non-perishables to kids 52 times a year at more than 30 partner sites.
- Teach children healthy eating habits and how to prepare nutritious snacks through interactive educational lessons.
- Provide children the opportunity to explore new foods, experience shopping at local farmer’s markets, and discover where their food comes from.
Who We Are
- The only local non-profit dedicated to feeding hungry children in Chapel Hill, Carrboro and neighboring Orange County communities.
- A one-of-a-kind food distribution model delivering food directly to children every week through partnering schools and after school programs.
- The first organization to combine hunger relief and nutrition education services that not only give children healthy, fresh food but also teaches them where their food comes from and how to prepare healthy snacks.